Serum Progesterone
1 Replies
Tiffany F - November 2

Hi Dr Jacobs,

It's me again...I have had over 10 miscarriages, the last being August 18,06 I have been seeing an RE for the past 2 months, I have had several test done and they have all come back negative.

I was told when I have my next normal period to start LH tracking on cycle day 15 for a Serum Progesterone blood work test.

My question is should I ovulate after my first period since I had the miscarriage? And also how was cycle day 15 picked for me to start tracking when my cycles are usually every 28-33 days? And do you think I should take something to make sure I ovulate like Clomid or something else? And my last question is this progesterone test that I will be taking how does this relate to my miscarring every time I reach 5-6 weeks ? What can they tell by checking my blood once I have ovulated?

Could this test be the answer to my prayers why I keep miscarring between 5-6 weeks? What does progesterone and miscarriage have to do with each other?

I can't thank you enough as always...I pray this test will come back positive so I can finally put a name to what this problem is that I have!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 2

You may or may not ovulate the first month after a pregnancy loss. Please see the information on our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>, for information on how I evaluate recurrent pregnancy loss. I would not recommend Clomid! I have not prescribed it in over 15 years. It can cause more problems than it solves.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?