Semen Analysis
2 Replies
Mike79 - September 4

Hi,

My wife and I are undergoing fertility treatments and I have a question about my semen samples. For example one sample was as follows:

pre wash:

1.5mL
Count 65 (M/ml)
Motility 60%
Morphology 35%
Round cells 0.8 (M/ml)

Most of my morphology is between 30% -35% out of 6 samples already with the average being 31.6%. Most of my counts are between 40-65 (M/ml), Volume is between 1.5-2 with most being 1.5. Round cells fall between 0.8-2 most being 2 (M/ml). After three failed IUI's do you believe there could be any other underlying problems with my semen? And is my morphology percentage normal?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 4

The vast majority of my couples have more than 1 problem. The andrology lab I use evaluates sperm morphology using the criteria described by Kruger. Thenias Kruger correlated his set of criteria for sperm morphology with their ability to fertilize eggs in the IVF laboratory. Using his criteria, a perfectly normal male has 10% to 14% normal forms in the ejaculate. A report of 35% normal forms is not correlated with physiology. Please note that there are specific reasons to attempt IUI, and IUI should be done in conjunction with the use of an FSH product to stimulate the ovaries. For more information, I invite you to see our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

ali110 - April 26

Please Help me as i am very disappointed with my results of semen analysis:

3 ml
count 225(M/m)
normal forms 10%

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?