SCSA testing
1 Replies
Staci - September 19

Dear Dr. Jacobs,

After failed a failed IVF/ICSI attempt in which we had slow developing embryos (morulae at Day 5) and subsequent failed FET's, we had my husband take the SCSA test in the hopes that the results might give us some guidance as far as future plans. We do not want to continue with IVF treatment if our chances for success are significantly lower than the norm and would, instead, pursue other options.

At any rate, his test came back showing fragmentation of 28.7. I see anything over 30 indicates poor fertility potential and reduced chances of success with IVF. Would you consider a 28.7 to be pretty much the same as 30? Is it quite likely that, if he were to take it again, it would be higher than 30?

All the Dr. can advise is supplements but he already took Proxeed for 6 months then, on her advice, switched to Conception XR, which he has been taking for about 5 months. If this is his result after 11 months of supplements, I have to think things aren't going to improve.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Staci

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 19

I am fortunate, in that I collaborate with aq sub-specialty trained urologist, and I defer to his judgement about treating male factor problems. He does have data which imply that Proxeed does not provide significant benefit. I am not familiar with the other medication you mentioned. We have had issues where men have had poor SCSA scores, and had varicoceles. After repair of varicoceles, we got ICSI pregancies. I have no data to sopport the annecdotal comments.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?