scarring fallopian tube
2 Replies
mli - February 27

Dear Dr jcob:

I had one boy born nine years ago. I failed to be pregnant after one year's try, I went to see my Dr. He found out ( through laparoscopy)both side of my fallopian tube has serious scarring. The scarring is located at the end of the tube close to ovary. I searched on internet and find out there is very low possiblity of pregnancy in this case. I am having clomid, estrogene and progesterone in this cycle. He said I should try 4 to 5 cycles, then IUI. I am wondering is it possible for me to be pregnant throught this treatment or IUI with seriously demanged tube? I am 37 now. I can't wait for a long time to get pregnant. If it is waste of my time, should I try IVF? Thanks.

TICKINGCLOCK - April 28

Dear Doctor Jacob

Recently I had a saline sonogram to find out that my fallopian tubes are blocked.. The doctor doing the test was not my primary doctor, and told me to call my doctor today after he read the results to discuss my options.. My doctor told me today that my uterus looks good but he doesnt think my fallopian tubes are "blocked" they are having some type of spasm from what he explained. He said he will look over my chart and call me back with a appointment to discuss some options.. I heard of muscle spasms before but never dealing with the fallopian tubes. I cant even find out any information on the internet. I feel like i am in limbo not clear how one doctor says they are blocked and the other feels is some type of spasm.. In the mean time I am loosing sleep over the whole deal.
Any advice?
gina

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 28

It is not possible to get much information about fallopian tubes from a sonohysterogram. Please see the information I have provided on our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>. I think you will find the answers to you questions there.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?