Scar Tissue
1 Replies
Tiffany F - September 9

Hi Dr Jacobs,

I have a couple of questions. On friday I had the lap and hyterscopy (hopefully I spelled that right) procedures done. My RE told my husband that she removed alot of scar tissue and a pollup(?) she said that my tubes look beautiful. I have had 2 c-sections and 2 abortions in fear of having another m/c. With the removal of the scar tissue do you think it will increase my chances of having a successful pregnancy? she also had to do some repair to my uterus. I now have a uterine stent, I have to keep in for 2 weeks. What propose is the uterine stent for? Thanks in advance....Tiffany...PS...I have unexplained infertility...ever test has come back negative! And last but not least, have you heard of metformin being prescribed to a women that is not a diabetic, but has had recurring m/cs?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 10

Without knowing the location and extent of the scars in your uterus, I do not know how much the procedure improved your chances. The stint is an effort to prevent the scars from reforming. Metformin is useful for women who are insulin resistant and have polycystic ovaries. If you are ovulating regularly, metformin will probably not provide a benefit for you.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?