Saline Ultrasound/tube open
1 Replies
Brenda - December 13

Hi
I am scheduled for a saline ultrasound and the Re said at that time the ultrasound will indicate if the tubes are blocked.

Is this true?

I will be doing a fet, and I have 3 transfer and 2 miscarriages out of those transfer prior to 6 weeks.

donor egg fet- will be doing a mock cycle with an endometrial biopsy at the end.

can the progesterone levels secreted from the cells in the uterus be different than progesterone levels in the blood levels and is the best and safest route an endometrial biopsy.

Prior Re said that progesterone shots and prometrium pills in the vagina overcome any progesterone problems? Is this true,?

New Re said what is important is the cells in the uterus is secreting the right amount of progesterone in the uterus and the blood levels are not as important as the progesterone levels secreted in the uterus

how many times when an endometrial biopsys is done as part of a mock cycle, does the endometrium cells are out of synch with the cycle date of the menses? does it happen often and does it cause miscarriage if this is off?
thanks

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - December 13

The uterus does not secrete progesterone, but does respond to it. The supplements you are given should provide all the progesterone your uterus requires. The saline ulterasound provides only limited information about your tubes, but can provide adequate information about your uterine cavity. There are a couple of different studies and reasons for endometrial biopsy. I do not know which one(s) your RE is doing. For more information, please see our web page at <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?