Re:Menopur
3 Replies
Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 24

Gonal-f is recombinant FSH. It is absolutely pure. Repronex is a combination of both HSH and LH, extracted from urine of menopausal women. It is what pergonal was. Bravelle is purified FSH extracted from urine. I do not know why you woukd take 2 different FSH products. I am not aware of any of these products causing flu symptoms.
Good luck.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 24

Gonal-f is recombinant FSH. It is absolutely pure. Repronex is a combination of both HSH and LH, extracted from urine of menopausal women. It is what pergonal was. Bravelle is purified FSH extracted from urine. I do not know why you woukd take 2 different FSH products. I am not aware of any of these products causing flu symptoms.
Good luck.

Erin - January 25

The way that I discovered it was the Repronex that was making me sick was by reading the fine print on the package insert. It is a side-effect in less than 2% of the patients that take it. I missed it when I was taking the Lapori because the packaging was written in French. For me the worst side effects were the chills, and the inabilitity to regulate my body temperature.

Do you feel it is important to have some LH during an IVF cycle? My Dr. keeps wanting to keep some LH in the protocol.

Thank you.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 25

I do not add LH to the stimulation protocols I use. If a woman did not have a functioning pituitary gland, she would need to have the added LH.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?