question regarding uterine lining and FSH level
3 Replies
Koda1021 - April 5

Hello,
I am going to be 38 in October, and am in the process of trying to conceive (donor sperm). I am coming off of 8 years of Depo Provera, and hence have had no cycle that entire time. My last shot was in November of '06.

The doctor prescribed Provera, but two weeks later I haven't had a cycle. Also, the nurse told me that the lining of my uterus was only 5.5. She also told me that my FSH level was 10.4.

My two questions are...Will my lining keep growing in time, or has the long term use of Depo possibly thinned it beyond repair? Also, is the FSH level something I should be concerned with? (the nurse told me that is elevated, and they like to see 10 or under).

I'm a little confused and scared, so any answers would mean alot to me! Thanks in advance!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 7

Depot Provera can last a very long time. Since it is not completely eliminated in 3 months, the repeated injections over 5 years caused the baseline level to continue to rise. It may take may months to even a year or more for all of it to be gone. Please note that the Depot Provera will prevent production of estrogen, and can partially block the effect of estrogen to grow the endometrium.
Good luck.

Koda1021 - April 10

Thank you for the reply Dr. Jacobs. My doctor did mention something about "trying estrogen" next week. Is there anything natural that I can do to re-regulate my system, and/or get my hormones working again? (evidently my estrogen is at 0 right now).

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 10

Without evaluating you, I cannot provide meaningful recommendations.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?