Question
7 Replies
tanya1231 - May 13

I am 14dpo by my calculations today. I had a beta this AM that was 44 and my progesterone is 9. Do I need supplementation? Are those numbers too low? This was a natural cycle.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 13

Congratulations! I have no way of predicting the outcome of your pregnancy, but you do have a pegnancy. I suggest to my patients repeating the hCG determination in 48 hours. If the level at least doubles, it is very reassuring. As far as your progesterone, unles you are using vaginal progesterone, I like to see a level of at least 20 ng/ml.
Good luck.

tanya1231 - May 15

16dpo beta is 56
progesterone 9.6
Is there any way that this is a viable pregnancy?
Should I consider the methotrexate injection? (I had a tubal reversal surgery 12-08)

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 16

I repeat the hCG determination 48 hours after the initial posoitive result. If it at least doubles in 48 hours, that is very reassuring that the pregnancy is good. With a progesterone level of 9 ng/ml, I would suggest using a progesterone supplement. I would like to see progesterone at least 20 ng/ml.
Good luck.

trupti - June 1

WHAT ARE THE NATIRAL REMEDIES FOR UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 1

It has been at least a decade since I have been unable to find an explanation for a couple's infertility. I doubt that there is still such a thing as unexplained infertility. Given that, first find the explanation (diagnosis) and then develope a treatment protocol for the problem.
Good luck.

trupti - June 3

WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE OF IUI & IVF IN CASE OF UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 3

Again, I have not seen unexplained infertility in over 10 years. Pregnancy rates with IVF and IUI are dependent on the reason for impaired fertility, age of the woman and, in the case of IVF, the quality of the lab. We do IVF only for couples with a diagnosis of a problem that is optimally treated with IVF, and we have an almost 50% pregnancy rate.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?