Question IVF from Buenos Aires
1 Replies
caschere - November 29

Dr Jacobs
I am 34 yrs from Buenos Aires Argentina. Normal day 3 FSH (6) LH (3) and actually I have all the blood test normal (estradio, LH, FSH day 3 and day 13) I have normal u/s and I am normally ovulating every month arround day 13. My husband had a varicocelle and low motility and was surgeryremoved 3 yrs ago. I did 5 IUI negatives.
1st IVF Oct 2003- Long Lupron and 150 Gonal-F, follicles grown very slowly so they did 300 gonal from day 7.
9 oocytes retrieve, 7 were mature but none fertilization by ICSI (cytoplasm inmature).
2nd Jan 2004. During my natural cycle without any meds when my own follicle reached 17mm HCG shot. 1 oocyte retrieved, ICSI 1 3day 7cells embryo transfer. Normal pregnancy my baby borned in Oct 2004.
I am trying to have a 2nd baby, but with natural cycle in 4 oportunities they could not obtained the oocyte during the retrieval procedure. They did several washes and the oocyte did not come.
I did last month IVF 300gonal-F in day 7 we added 75 Menopur. During the first days with gonal-F only, the oocytes did not grown very much and in day 7 were less oocyte than in day 5. When we added Menopur the oocyte started to grow incredible and much more follicles appeared. HCG shot when at least 4 follicles 18. We got 12 oocytes, 9 mature, ICSI 6 fertilized, only 2 good embryos were transfer. !st beta 106, 2nd 163, 3rd 224, 4th 224. Stop meds. Beta is 7 days later in 150 so is comming down slownly ( may be It was ectopic I do not know).
Why we could not get the oocyte from my natural ovulating cycle when is the best day to do HCG shot ( once I did later and I ovulated).
Why I do not have good results with stimulations IVF. Is something related with protocole, oocyte quality. Do you think I could try an stimulation just with Menopur (It was very noticeable the follicle size and number when we added menopur).

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 29

It is not uncommon to not retrieve an egg from even a large follicle after stimulating ovaries. I do not do "natural cycle" IVF. It is even less predictable than IVF stimulating ovaries. I do not us any LH in my stimulation protocols. We seem to get better quality eggs and embryos if we use straight FSH to stimulate ovaries.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Ask a Question