Question about Beta #1
2 Replies
sarahg - February 17

I had my first beta on 2/15 (11dp5dt) of 2 blasts on IVF/ICSI attempt #1. My # was 535 and the nurse said my estroidal and progesterone levels looked "awesome". I am 28 and my husband is 30 with our problem being a low sperm count and poor motility due to an extra Y chromosone.

My question is: I am a huge worrywart and excited about my test but already fearing a miscarriage or for something to go wrong. My next test is 15dp5dt and then 18dp5dt. With these beginning numbers, is there a good chance I will have a live birth? I keep hearing a lot of horror stories and although I was told the numbers are good so far, I am afraid I will miscarry. I have never been pregnant before or tried any other fertility treatment so the experience is totally new. I have had no spotting, just some mild cramping and a lot of exhaustion.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 17

That is a very encouraging hCG level. It is not diagnostic or prognostic of anything. We want to see the level at least double every 48 hours for the first 8 weeks of pregnancy.
Congratulations!

sarahg - February 19

thanks for your response!
i had my 2nd beta today at 15dp5dt and the number was 3,016. is there a possibilitty that it could be twins? when would i know? i have another beta thursday but i'm wondering how long it will be after that for the ultrasound...

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?