Question!
1 Replies
asmarani - May 8

I have been ttc for past 4 years. Now I am going to take Clomid 100 mg. I have been taking prenatal for the past one year. Yesterday someone told me to take Folic acid and B6 as well as my prenatal. They said it will help me to conceive. I have Lupus but it is not active or it is mild. What do you think about that? Also can you please tell me the best way to use clomid and the process? My husband I had test done and there is nothing wrong with me or him. Only sometimes my periods are late. I have been traking my ovulation and we tried but I didn't get pregnant. Please any suggestion. I can't afford any expensive treatment. I am very depressed. Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 8

Pre natal vitamins contain folic acid. Adding more folic acid and other vitmins will not increase your potential to achieve a pregnancy. Folic acid does decrease the risk of certain kinds of birth defects. Take your pre natal vitamins! Clomid provides a very poor pregnancy rate. I do not know that the 2 of you have had an optimal evaluation, so I cannot make treatment recommendations. Please see the information I have provided on our web site, texasfertility.com. On that site, I also provide outlines of preferred treatment protocols and a decision tree.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?