question
5 Replies
Tanya1231 - August 22

After a transfer, what keeps the embryos from coming back out? If you strain could they be expelled? Could they be expelled during a BM? This may be a stupid question but I would really like to know.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 22

The uterus has a very thick muscular wall. It does not compress with increased intra-abdominal pressure. Besides, if an embryo were to be expelled with normal activity, the world's population would be awefully small. Once embryos are in the uterus, it really does not matter how they got there.
Good luck.

withfaith - September 14

Hi Doctor

I am new to this forum and from across the atlantic.
just to give you a background and then some questions
I am 38 with high FSH ( last tested 19
)and my partner has a low sperm count - last tet 2 weeks bacl- 6 million, 84 % abnormal and about 40 % motility. This is better than tested before.
We have had 2 cycles
- first cyclle - 4 embryos from right ovary - all fertilized - 2 transferred( due to the UK law ) and BFN
- second cycle - 4 eggs - only 3 collected - 1 fertlized propery - grade 1 embryo ( the daughter called it beautiful after giving me lecture on why I had gone for fertility clinin so late)
anyway I am due to preg test tomm but I had brown spotting for last 3 days and lots of cramping ( which i never have in my normal cycle and no clottin / no cramping happened in the previous IVF cycle as well) but today bleeding has started. SO i am sure I will test -ve.

Questions:
a) what can i do to improve my chances
b) does brown clotting for 3 days mean embryo were trying to implant
c) in my noraml cycle on ovulation day my breasts go sore and then stop a day before bleeding but in both the IVF cycles the breast are very sore for just the first 7 days after egg collection and then the soreness completely disappears. Is this due to lack of progesterone or as my nurse says its because my body has adjusted to the high progesterone.
4) Does this drug called DHEA help to produce more eggs
5) I was on gonal F and I read smewhere that menopur helps is producing better quality eggs. Is menopur better for people like me ?

Thanks

Withfaith

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 14

If you are pregnant, you are already pregant. Short of terminating a pregnancy, nothig will change what already is.
Brown spotting may mean nothing, but there is no way to tell, yet.
It is very difficult and totally unreliable to rely on symptoms.
DHEA will do nothing to help you with achieveing a successful pregnancy. I think you will be wasting your money. Other than that, it will probably dl no harm.
We get better quality eggs and embryos with straight FSH, like Gonal-f, as opposed to adding some LH by using Menapur.
Good luck.

cal - September 17

Hi Doctor,

I had positive surge line for 5 days(tested with pee sticks). Did a blood test on day 25th for progesterone and got 11.3 value. period came on day 26th.
Did I ovulate? what problems did the day 25th blood test indicate?

Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 17

There are only 2 ways to know for sure if you ovulated. One is to see follicle growth and then rupture using ultrasound evelauations. The other, not to be fliipant, is to become pregnant. The test stip you used identified an LH surge. That does not autimatically mean ovulation. It does sound as though you do have an ovulation dysfunction. For more information, please see our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?