Question
4 Replies
Alexa - May 5

Hi Dr. Jacobs,

At 6weeks 6 days pregnant I had very heavy bleeding
went to the hospital they did an U/S they saw a heartbeat it was 125 the interpretation of the U/S is a Sub chorionic bleed in the Uterus I hope I am spelling this correctly! they had told me it was rather small

I never got a true understanding of what this means or what it is caused from and if this will be a threat during the entire pregncy the heavy bleed stopped that evening and about 4 days later till now I have brown discharge ....

I had another U/S done 4 days later after going to the hospital and the heartbeat was at 128 I am since then released to my OB/GYN and am in between medical attention...I have another U/S scheduled next week..any information you can give would be helpful....

Alexa

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 6

A subchorionic bleed is a separation of the placenta. Most of the time, it is a small separation, and there is no remaining problem.
Good luck.

Alexa - May 8

Dr. Jacobs,

Thank you for giving me that information, when patients have this problem do you often see the bleeding continue throughtout the entire pregnancy or does this usally stop at some point? Does the placenta ever have a chance to completely attach again?

This entire situation has got me really discouraged..

Thank again,
Alexa

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 8

I do not follow patients through pregnancy, so I cannot give you a precise answer. My impression is that most of the time the site of separation seals and the placenta continues to grow with the pregnancy. Your OB is the better person to answer this question.
Good luck.

mimia - May 11

hi, i suffer from pcos, it took me two years to fall pg with my first baby..now my daughter is two years old,i didn't take any contraceptions since i gave birth, but i couldn't concieve again,so i ordered ovulex,and i recieved it today..i just want to know if it has woked already for people with pcos.....thank you

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?