question
6 Replies
cvargas76 - March 30

i just went thru IVF, which failed. They were able to freeze 7 embryos, so we are looking to do FET in May. My question is I was told I have a Hydosalpinks (sorry if spelt wrong). The doctor did not want to remove it because he said that it would be too risky if removed because i had two tubal pragnacies which resulted in laposcoptic surgey and one of those they had to finally upon me up totally because it had burst the tube open. My concern is do i have a chance that this will ener work if the hydosalpinks is always leaking into my utirus?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 31

If you have hydrosalpinges, and they are not removed or drained, they will dramaticly decrease your chance for an IVF pregnancy.

cvargas76 - March 31

would it make any difference if we also had an assisted hatching done when we have the FET?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 1

Hydrosalpinx decreases pregnancy rates with IVF as much 50%, regardless of anythig else.

jamielee - April 1

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I to had a failed IVF due to a hydro with assisted hatching. I had my last tube removed and I just found out I'm pregnant after my 2nd try! I had a tubal pregnancy also in june which was very large and had to have emergency surgery to remove it!
Sorry to come in on your question i just wanted to share!

cvargas76 - April 1

thank u jamielee,

congads, i had two tubal pragnacies. one in 98 which they were able to remove by laposcopic surgery. I did not know that they did not remove the tube they just took the embryo out. I had another one in 2002 with my current husband i went to the emergency room because i was hurting the doctor on duty told me i was constapated. I went back the next day and it was emergency surgery the originally did the same surgery as the first time but when they got in there i was bleeding too much to see so they had to do a bikini cut and they removed that tube. So now i have the one tube that has a hydro. The doctor said that it would be too risky to remove because of the other surgeries. since i had the failed IVF i have been doing a lot of research. i have decided that i would rather take the chance and have the surgery and remove the tube then to keep on having failed IVFs. I am sorry i am sure you dont want to hear all of this. It feels good to talk to some one that has been thru this. So you had the tube removed and how long was it before you did IVF again?

christie

jamielee - April 1

I removed my tube at the end of Dec and had my 2nd IVF in Feb. after my next period. I can't believe it worked that quickly for me! My Dr. said once the tube is out I would have an excellent chance! guess he was right! I just didn't want to take anymore chances so I was fine with taking a few months off and get it right!!
Good Luck!!!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?