Prolactin Levels
8 Replies
Mbre - January 4

Hi Dr. J.

IM sure you remember me, I can go through all my notes again but I will highlight the obvious. I am on my 3rd IVF, 1st one 1 3dt and 2nd one 1 5dt from using Clomid, big mistake, i know, my last doc believed in Low stim. Either event im at SIRM and did a full test of my dh and I. Last time we spoke my estridial was .2, prostergerone was 2, estrogen was 9o and LH 7. OK got my results back everything was ok, except that my prolactin levels were a little high. I have been on bcp for about 20 days(in preperation for a cycle with SIRM) Also did a u/s about 3 weeks ago and as I said b4 in a previous topic we shared I had 4 follies on my right and 5 on my left + a big cyst.
1. Can bc increase levels of prolactin? I read some of the reason why they are high and I x out some of them like, missed periods( been regular all my life , Im 27), releasing milk from nipple if not preg and, I do not do that.
2. Also, how big is it a factor in hindering a succesful ivf? What can be done to insure a successful pregnancy with no complications from this "condition"

PS. Going in for another test in the morn, will update you

Thanks
Mbre

Mbre - January 4

Hi Dr. J

My levelsof prolactin were 42.3.
I tested again this morning, will update you as soon as blood comes back

Mbre - January 4

Dr. J.

OMG! 3 days before I took the prolactin I accidently read my medicine calender wrong and I took a small shot of lupron and a pill starting wit a dex....., could that have trigger higher levels of prolactin? I took the pill n shot maybe 4 days before the prolactin blood test and this was on the 27. I just went back into today for the test again. Is that medicince trace gone by now, if it infact did cause the high levels! :-[ :-[
Thanks
Mbre

Mbre - January 4

OK Prolactin is normal a 13 range, Dr. J, I was so nervous...... Thx

Mbre

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 4

Even though some medications will cause an elevation of prolactin, I would not expect either Lupron or dexamethasone to do so.
Good luck.

Mbre - January 8

Dr J,

Got my prolactin levels they were 13! Thank god! ok, so I am at SIRM and last time i did my u/s doc saw 4 follies on my right and 5 on left w/ a big cyst, diagnosed me as may be a low ovarian reserve. Im 27. all blood fsh, estridal came bak normal however estrogen a il high 90! fsh was 6. lh was 2 progesterone .2. So this protocal has me on bcp for for 16 days, then i take dexamethasone .75 for 18 days along with lupron for and i began taking gonal f on day 12 for 450 units for 2 days then decrease to 225 units 3 days along with menopur 1 vial for 3days with the 225 gonal.
1. Is this a microdise flare? with my levels does this seem ok? would you use something similar?
2. what would be a reasonable # of eggs for me to have/expect following this protocol? :-*.

Question I went to get 3 wisdom teeth taken out on 1/5 and dentist wanted to give me methlyprednisolone 4mg, i told him that the same day of my maxiofacial surgery i were to start the dexamethasone. Anyway i decided not to take the methlpredisone b/c he wasnt sure and niether was I. Would this have been a prob? also he perscrbed penicilan w/ potasium for bacteria and hydrocordone for pain and I ahve been taking this along with lupron 10 units and dexamethasone . Is this bad?
I have been feelin nauseaus, so i stoped the pain meds as of today 1/7/2007 i been takin advil for pain but continue with pencillian and my lupron and dexamethsone. poor body!

Thanks,
Mbre.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 8

SIRM does not use any flare protocols. I really do not know what to tell you to expect from your stimulation. You are already on a steroid in the dexamethasone SIRM is giving you, and did not need to add the methylprednisilone. The other meds toe dentist gave you should not produce a problem.
Good luck.

Mbre - January 8

Dr. J

What would you call the protocal I am on? I am on BCP from 12/2307-1/7/07 then lupron and dexamethosone (.750from 1/5/07-1/21/07, 10 units decreasing to to 5 units of lupron. Then on 1/16/07 and 1/17 gonal f 450 w/ 5 units of lupron and dexamethosone. Then 1/18 on 225 gonal and 1 vial of menopur the whole cycle i am to stay on lupron and dexamthesone.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 8

It is a variant of a log (luteal) Lupron protocol. It seems to be a protocl almost unique to SIRM.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?