Progesterone level???
5 Replies
StaceyLyne - October 13

I am concerned about my progesterone level. On 9/30/05 it was 36, on 10/8/05 it was 32.8 and on 10/11/05 it was 29.7. My beta on 10/6/05 was 74 and on 10/08/05 it was 177. On 10/5/05, I started to have some brownish/pinkish drainage which I still have. It is only on the toilet paper and it doesn't happen every time. Is there something wrong with this pregnancy? I am currently taking 1.5 cc PIO every night and Prometrium 200 mg 1 every night. My first Pregnancy after IVF was an ectopic and I lost my right tube. Could this be another ectopic?

Thank you!!!

Stacey

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 13

-+You want your hCG to at least double in 48 hours. Yours did. You want your serum progesterone to be at least20 ng/ml. Yours is, and the apparent decline to 29.7 ng/ml is not a problem. It is very common to have spotting, or even a light flow with a normal pregnancy. From what you relate, I do not have reason to expect you have a problem.
Good luck.

StaceyLyne - October 13

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! You have put my mind at ease. I am going to the doctor on Monday and hopefully we will be able to see something in the uterus.

Thank you again!!!!

Stacey

StaceyLyne - October 19

Sad update:

On 10/17/05, the doctor said that he saw a small sac on the ultrasound. My beta dropped to 61 and my progesterone was 28. On 10/18/05, my beta was 36 and I stopped all of the progesterone. The spotting that I had been having stopped on 10/17/05 and I have been feeling fine. I have had no cramping at all. I am so confused as to what has happened. Is this a fluke thing or could I have something wrong that caused this? My first pregnancy was ectopic and the hcg levels were over 3000. Do you think that we have a chance at a healthy pregnancy? I would really like to know why I can get pregnant with IVF, but not naturally??

Thank you,
Stacey

StaceyLyne - October 20

bump

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 21

Only about half the eggs a woman makes are capable of a good preganncy. Human reproduction is actually very inefficient.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?