Progesterone during twin pregnancy
2 Replies
Michelle Fisher - October 28

Hello, have a question about progesterone during a twin pregnancy. I found out at 21 DPO that we are having twins (natural no fertility drugs) At 17 DPO my progesterone levels were at 17.5. Isnt this low? Especially for a twin pregnancy? I had an U/S at 4wks2 days and saw 2 sacs, and 5 days later at 5weeks 3 days we saw two sacs that had definately grown and 2 yolk sacs. I have a follow up U/S at 7 weeks to check for fetal pole and h/b. As you can see below my betas are doubling way like they are supposed to, but I am really nervous about my progesterone levels. I talked to my Dr about my concerns, and he said 17.5 is fine (this was also before we found out that it was twins) What do you think? (PS the reson I am being followed so closely is my last pregnancy ended in a ruptured tubal pregnancy with the loss of my right tube)
1st beta 10/11/05 11 DPO: 71
2nd beta 10/13/05 13 DPO: 151
3rd beta 10/15/05 15 DPO: 347
4th beta 10/17/05 17 DPO: 659
Progesterone at 17 DPO: 17.5
5th Beta 10/21/05 21 DPO: 3950
6th Beta 10/26/05 26 DPO 18,900

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 28

If my patients have a progesterone levels below 20 ng/ml, I provide progesterone supplement.
Good luck.

Michelle Fisher - October 28

Yeah, I asked my DR for a progesterone supplement, he said he would not feel comfortable giving me one as my levels were "perfect" to him. I also consulted with 3 more Dr's and not a single one would give them to me. They all said my levels were fine.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?