Progesterone and estrogen levels to low?
1 Replies
Jenl - February 14

Dear Dr. Jacobs,

I just finished my third IVF cycle (first two were not BFP) Transfer was done on 2/7. On Sunday 2/11 blood results showed progesterone level at 15 (while using suppositories 2x daily since retrieval) and estrogen levels at 53. I started estrace 2x daily on Sunday. Follow up blood results today 2/13, show my prog. level dropped and is now at 10 and estrogen at 135. My dr.'s office said estrogen good and anything above 10 is fine with respect to progesterone. Are these levels good enough to support a pregnancy?

Also, I have unexplained infertility and was wondering if the problem was possibly with implantation since the two previous beta test results from first and second failed IVF cycles was only 1. Does this indicate implantation never happened and could the low levels of estrogen and progesterone each time be the reason (levels were also low with other two failed cycles)?

Thank you for your time any information you give will help!!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 14

There is a reasonable probability you did not have an implantation, But there is no way to know. Vaginal application of progesterone does not produce a significant blood level, but does provide a good tissue level in the endometrium. I think your estradiol was probably OK.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?