Pregnant, & painful progesterone shots
2 Replies
Dannye - July 11

I am 6 weeks pregnant following my second attempt with IVF (just had an ultrasound today...looked good, heartbeat and all).

I am taking the progesterone shot supplement. One thing that has helped considerably with the pain from the shot is to use a heating pad both prior and just after getting the shot (about 15 minutes prior, and for 15 minutes following). Without the heat and a little massaging, it's quite painful, making it almost difficult to walk.

Do you see any harm in using the heating pad? I don't think the heat makes it all the way to my uterus, but want to be sure I'm not doing any harm.

Thanks!

Dannye

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 11

I do not know if it is true, but I was told that 1 woman over heated the oil and burned the muscle, using a heating pad. I suggest my patients do the same thing using a wash cloth which has been held under hot water from the tap. You only have a couple of more weeks before the placenta is making enough progesterone.
Congratulations on your pregnancy.

justme - July 13

I am going to jump in here and suggest Emla cream to numb the sight prior to the injection. It works wonders!!!!! I could barely feel the injections if at all after using it for 10 to 15 minutes prior to the injection.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?