post retreval pain
3 Replies
cassandra - March 28

I had retreival 3 days ago and am going in for transfer later today. I have had bad pains in my lower abdomen since the surgery. It hurts when I walk, sit, then stand. As the day goes on I start to feel a little better, but this morning, after going to the bathroom, it really hurts. I am wondering if my bowel was damaged during surgery. Is this common? I am definately asking the doctor today but would like your opinion. If so, how long until it heals? I don't remember any pain like this for my last retreival.Thank you for responding. cassandra

paddy - April 6

I had pains too. The pain came a couple of days after the retreival. I was told to take a lot of electrolytes and protien. Your body accumalates water. Beleive it on not my diet for 3 days was getorade and chicken . I was asked to drink a gallon of electrolyte. This prevent Ovarian hyper stimulation. I still get stiches I had my transfer day before yesterday. I was told because that my ovaries are still sensitive and enlarged.

paddy - April 6

empty your bladder as often as possible and call the doctor you may be going throu ovarian hyper than if its bad they will IV you.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 7

I have no way of knowing why you are experiencing significant pain after retrieval. In the absence of infection, I can only hypothesize blood in your pelvis, or cysts on your ovaries.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?