poor response
1 Replies
elizpete - November 8

Hi- Looking for an opinion as to what my next step should be.

At 35 I did IVF  cycled using Lupron, 300 units follistim for 11 days. retrieved 20 eggs, 19 fertilized transfered  8 cell b and 10 cell b embryos-- I had a son from that procedure

At 37 I had a fresh cycle in June using same meds stimms for 9 days- 10 eggs transfered a 6 celled "C" and a 5 celled "A"  Negative

In August did a frozen cycle with eggs from first IVF.  Transfered a 8 celled "B" and a 6 celled "B"  Negative

In october did another Fresh cycle  added assisted hatching.  Follistim 225 and 75 repronex  added extra repronex on day 8.  Stimmed for 9 days  Retrieved 8 eggs, 7 fertilized.  Transfered a 7 celled "C", 4 celled "b"  and 3 celled "B"  Negative

Is it unlikely that I would get better results using a different protacall or am I just struggling with old eggs?
If it is time to move on to a donor- I have a sister who is 35 and would donate- should I try with her eggs or just go right to a donor with younger eggs?

Thanks for your opinion
Elizabeth :)

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 9

Perhaps a micro dose flare protocol would provide a batter stimulation for you. As far as an egg donor, you really want someone under the age of 30. Pregnancy rates are better.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?