Poor egg quality
2 Replies
manchari - September 1

Hi....
My hubby and I are married for 9 yrs. My hubby has only one testis and he is missing a vas def...so he don't have sperm count, but he went thru a surgery to connect it. During the time they stored some MESA sperms. We have tried ICSI 3 times, 2 time last year (2006)and one time this year(2007). First time, I got 8eggs, 4 were good and 2 fertilized. Second time 12 eggs, 3 were good 1 fertilized. This year we tried with the diff doctor..and got 7 eggs, 6 were good and 4 fertilized. All three time I didn't get pregnant. First two time they did 2nd day transfer. This time they did a 3rd day transfer and 2 of my emby were in 4 cells and other 2 were on 2 cells. My dr's saying I might have a poor egg quality.... but I want to try again....could anyone had a same situation like me????? and had a baby????I want to see if anyone were told poor egg quality and had a baby?????I'm so disappointed......but I want to try again........

manchari - September 1

I forgot to mention my age. I am 35 and my husband is 36. Also I want to mention....first time they used lupron protocol. 2nd time, antogon....protocol...first two time we used Bravel and menopaur...3 rd time lupron protocol....but used follistim (FSH) only....high dose 325...

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 2

There are a number of divverent protocols to stimulate ovaries for IVF. The ones I use seem to work well, but no one is 100%. I am concerned about a greaterissue for you. If your husband was born without a vas defrens, he has a variant of cystic fibrosis, until proven otherwise. You both need to be tested, if you have not been, already.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?