period won't start
5 Replies
Red7 - November 19

Hi Dr Jacobs.I stopped my progesterone oil shots at 2cc once a day, Taken for to weeks and it was 50mg/mL.I usually start my period with in 12 days after stopping my progesterone oil shots. well it has be 15 days now and I do not think my period is going to start this time.I called my RE's office and talked to his nurse and she told me to wait another week. I have this feeling my period is not going to start. I am not pregnant. that is what Blood beta test said. So if you were my Doctor what would you do to get my period started again? I want my period to start, So I can get my next cycle going again , So I can try to get pregnant. Thank You

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 19

The dose of 100 mg per day is fairly high. It may take a little longer to clear, so that you flow can start.
Good luck.

Red7 - November 20

Dr Jacobs M.D If my period doesn't start in another week , Which it usually clears out in twelve days What would you do as a Doctor to restart my period, So I could start a cycle again. So I could get back on my infertility meds to get pregnant? I feel Like these are wasted Days just waiting. It feels Like I am at Least Accomplishing something when I am on my Bravelle and trying to get pregnant. Than I am thinking my period isn't going to start at all. Than I think what would a Doctor do if a woman's period does not start at all. I though progesterone is what make a woman's period start. After a while when the progesterone clears the body and the period doesn't start what would a Doctor do to restart a cycle again?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 20

I f you do not start your flow in another week, I would suggest that your physician evaluate yo to determine why you have not started. Unless we know a "why", we cannot find the right "what".
Good luck. I know it is difficult, but try to be patient.

Red7 - November 20

Hi Dr.Jacobs M.D.My RE's Nurse called me early this morning and said my Doctor wanted me to come in his clinic so he could talk to me.After I got done talking to him he decided to put me on Provera 10 mg for 7 days and also Valium 10mg twice a day, He said I am the most stressed women he has ever seen at his clinic. And he knows I really want to get pregnant really bad. But the stress is really bad for me He said.He said for me to take the Valium and the Provera and stop thinking about my period coming. He said if I did that than my period will come after I stop taking the Provera. He told me to read Books. Rent some good movies to watch and stop worrying about my period. So That is what I will do.Does that sound Like the right meds he put me on and also the right advice he gave me. I feel better since this morning. .What do you think?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 20

Please seek a counsellor who has experience working with infertilie couples. You and your husband really should participate in couples counselling. In addition to helping you cope, there are data implying that counselling may actually improve success rates of fertility treatment. I do not know what is available where you live, but there are several good counseloors in the Dallas area, who I recommend to my patients. Also, go no line to <www.resolve.org> and find out if there is a chapter near you. It is both a support group and commonly provides educational programs.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?