ovulation question?
1 Replies
Lisa - April 28

Hi, i have a question, i usually use OPK's and Ovulate around cd13 but this month i did not use the opk and my chart showed i ovulated on cd 13 well i decided to use the opk on cd 20 and i got a positive so does this mean i ovulated late or could the opk be wrong. My cycle is usually 23 to 25 days long so this would be abnormal for me but the positive opk on cd 20 has gotten me really confused. Next month i am suppose to have an IUI done and i really need to make sure i pin point Ovulation. Sorry for such a long post i hope it made sense and someone is able to answer my question. Thank you, Lisa

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 28

Neither the ovulation predictor kit nor the basal temperature charts assure ovulation. The first detects the surge of LH, which is supposed to trigger ovulation, and the other attempts to detect secretion of progesterone. It is possible to go through all the hormonal changes of ovulation, without releasing the egg. Please see the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?