Ovarian Resreve
4 Replies
Kotena - February 14

Dr Jacobs,
As i udnerstand CCT is one of the ways to check ovarian reserve. If i have amenorhea, how would clomiphen be given (there is no 3rd day)?
In a regular ultrasound will follicles count be seen easily or my OBGyn should specifically tell to check the count when refering me to ultrasound procedure?
Thank you for your help

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 14

First, I would recommend going to a Reproductive Endocrinologist for fertility management, not your OB. I do not use the clomiphene challenge test. I evaluate a day 3 FSH and use ultrasound for a follicle count. The clomiphene challenge test is not more reliable than a day 3 FSH and the follicle count is probabbly the most sensitive way to estimate ovarian reserve. If you are not already pregnant, Provera should start a flow for you.
Good luck.

Kotena - February 15

Thank you for the answer. As I udnerstand Provera is a progesterone. My progesterone test was negative, I am hypoestrogenic, only combined estrogen-progesteron therapy brought menses. In order to evaluate FSH 3 day, should the whole therapy be repeated?
Thank you

Kotena - February 15

Another question, the folikle count can be done on any day or specific day of cycle?
Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 16

I would have to know more about your medical history and laboratory values to provide a relable answer. At this point, I think an ultrasound evaluation of your ovaries will probably be helpful.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?