Only Menopur
3 Replies
caschere - February 16

HI !! I am 34 and husband 34 with unexplained infertility. My first IVF (3 years ago), I did a long lupron protocole with just gonal-F and from 9 oocytes retrieved, none fertilized. After that I did a natural cycle IVF and I got pg (my douther is now 2 years old). We are now trying to have a 2nd baby and we did an IVF long lupron cycle with Gonal F + Menopur from day 7 and from 12 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature and only 5 fertilized but only 2 divided on day 2. They transfer 2 grade A day3 embryos but I did a chem pg. Last month I did a cycle wiyh no lupron, just menopur and my left ovary did not response and the other only 2 follicles (1 bigger) but they could not retrieved the oocytes. It was like a natural cycle.
1)Why I did not response to Menopur only
2)I also did not have good response whith just gonal-F.
3) Do you think something could be wrong in the lab?

Since i got better results whith gonal-F + Menopur, my Re wants to change to antagonist protocole instead of lupron (he thinks oversupression in my first IVF). I am not sure if I will produce better egg quality on that protocole. I think most of people preffer lupron?
Many thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 16

Actually, you did respond fairly well to your stimulation protocols. You did not get may eggs fertilized or embryo developement. It could be a lab issue. I do not use menapure. I use straight FSH, like Gonal-F. Your Lupron dose may be a little high. I stopped using antagonists. My pregnancy rates were poor with antagonist.
Good luck.

caschere - February 17

I changed a new RE and recommended me to do a calcium ionophore with ICSI to improve fertilization. What do you think about it?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 17

I have no data regarding a calcium ionophor and ICSI.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?