Only a few follies, please advise !
4 Replies
Jo 7 - October 29

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any advice
We are currently on our 8th fresh cycle of IVF.
I am currently on Synarel, Gonal F 375iu, HRT patches (to try to thicken womb lining), dexametosone .5 x 2 once a day whilst stimming and aspirin.
We went for our scan yesterday (day 7 of stims) and we have only 4 follies, one being 16.5, 2 being 10 and one tiny one of under 5 !!
My E2 results came back as 1144.
Do you think I should abandon or continue.
Could there be more follicles that show up on the next scan (Tues) ??
Thanks in advance for an replies
Jo
x x

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 29

From your description, you are, what we describe, a poor responder. In my practice, I use a microdose flare protocol. Others use an antagonist protocol, as opposed to the agonst protocol you ar on with Synarel. You may need an egg donor.
Good luck.

Jo 7 - October 29

Thanks for the reply, i was just wondering if it could be the change in drugs, we change to Gonal F this time, but have had Menopur in the past and got 12 follicles and 8 eggs, also have become pregnant twice through IVF but sadly m/c.

Thanks again for the reply
Jo

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 30

I doubt that changing your FSH product will change anything.
Good luck.

Christie - November 1

Hi, it wouldn't hurt to go until Tuesday before making a final decision. It sounds like you have a dominant follicle and your es is too high. But I am no expert. That was just my last experience.

It seems to me that if one folli is hogging all of the hormones, that that folli would produce one very good quality egg that was complete as in being healthy. I was tempted to try getting pregnant with the one alpha egg (as I call it). Like I have been told it only takes one. It is just a matter of finances.

GOOD LUCK

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?