Only 5 eggs
1 Replies
Tatty - May 6

Hi,

I have just undergone my first icsi session, I am 32 & DP 35. I have been diagnosed with severe endo & DP has MF. My FSH 2.9.

Due to the cancellation of one cycle due to my womb lining being to thick & because of easter hols I ended up d/r on Synarel for 8 wks. I then moved onto 150 gonal-f to stimms but by then had a 25mm cyst on one of my ovaries.

Day 8 stimms, e2 750 I had 5 follicles on the left ovary(one with cyst) & 2 on the right other ovary. Gonal-F was increased to 225 & 5 days of Luveris(LH) was prescribed.
Day 10 scan showed the follicles were still growing E2 1500, cyst 27mm.
Day 14, cyst 40mm & 10 follicles altogether 12, 13.5, 15, 16, 18, 19, 2x21,23 going up to the 25mm one E2 4315. Ovritelle (synthetic HCG)

Day 16 EC 35 hrs after HCG. Only 5 eggs collected, apparently only 7 follicles found. Cyst drained.
Day 17 4/5 eggs fertilised by ICSI, all were suitable.
Day 18 ET 1xgrade A 4 cell & 1xgrade A 2 cell, embryologist was confident it would progress.

Obviously I am disapointed in the amount of eggs collected, I feel the clinic kept me d/r for too long which then may have caused the cyst. I also am wondering what happened to the other 3 follicles.

Do you have any suggestions as to why we only managed to collect 5 eggs.

Regards,

Tatty

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 6

Without participating in your stimulation or egg retrieval, I do not have the information I would need to answer your question. I have my patients on bith control pills for 1 pack before starting IVF. I start Lupron on pill day 21. This helps avoid cycst formatioin. On pill day 28, I start Lupron 150 units twice a day, and decrease the Lupron dose.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?