OHSS Question, Ultrasound to check ovaries 6 days after Blastocyst transfer
1 Replies
BabyBaba - March 28

Dear Dr. Jacobs:

I had posted a thread on Excessive Gas and Bloating after Blastocyst transfer this morning. Below is the note. I called up my RE and asked as to why I was experiencing this symptom. They asked me to come down tomorrow morning (Day 6 after Blastocyst transfer) for an ultrasound to check on my ovaries for signs of OHSS.

[b]My question to you is[/b]: IS it SAFE to do an ultrasound at this time and would it affect the implantation if it has occured. What kind of ultrasound would be okay.

[u]Reference to my earlier post[/u]
[i]I am in my early 30s and had my Day 5 Blastocyst transfer 5 days back. I was on the Lupron and Repronex stims protocol and am currently on 2cc progesterone. I have excessive gas build up during the night which subsides after a lot of belching once I get up in the morning. This takes up almost upto 3 hours before the gas buildup reduces. I have some bloating in general which is very discomforting and seems to get worsened with the gas buildup. I do not have anyother symptoms of OHSS (urination is normal and no weight gain).
[/i]

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 29

The diagnostic ultrasound machine your RE uses does not generate enough energy to harm your implantation.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?