OHSS
1 Replies
Robin159 - June 15

I would just like to first say what a great thing you do for people on here. My situation is that we did IVF w/ICSI for ASAB. I responded well to the cycle, 26 eggs retrieved and 16 fertilized. We ended up having to freeze 16 embryos due to OHSS and had 3 FET with no pregnancy.

I recently went to another RE for a second opinion. He basically thinks that the clinic was to blame for the hyperstimulation. My estrogen levels were day2-22.7, day 5- 292, day 6-545, day 8-1533, day 10-4004, day 11-5961, and day 12-7462. They only slightly decreased my dosage of repronex once and kept me on it until day 11. He also thinks that the embryos should have not been frozen at PN.

My question is at what time does the clinic realize you are going to hyperstimulate. Shouldn't my E2 levels and the number of follicles be an indication? And what do you think of freezing embryos PN?

Thank you
Robin

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 15

Hind sight provides information that is not available at the time of treatment. I might have done things differently, but that does not mean that what was done was wrong. I do things differently than most of what I see described on this site. We do get excellent results, in large part because I am lucky enough to work with an excellent lab. We have capabilities that apparently most labs do not. Those capabilities effect our decision making.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?