normal e2 level after 3 days of stims
1 Replies
frogglogg - August 31

I am currently doing my first ivf cycle mdl with gonal f...I started lupron 20 units 2x day on sat, and two days later I added 225 gonal f twice per day...went to the dr today after 5doses of gonal f and I appear to have a dominant follicle at 14x8, one at 8x8 and seven more that are smaller. My dr was going to cancel, but my e2 came back at 87, which he said was consistant with the number of follicles and the day I am on. Do you agree, or should it be lower? He increased my gonal f to 600 units per day, and I go back on friday to determine if I will be cancelled.
What if anything can be done to slow down the big one and allow the others to catch up? Is it possible the big one is just a leftover cyst from a previous cycle that was artificially suppressed by the bcp and popped back up from the gonal f? I am trying so hard to understand the process, and I cant seem to comprehend...

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 1

You cannot slow the dominant follicle and recruit more follicles. Your ovaries are not responding well. You may be better cancelling this cycle and starting over. For my poor responders, I use a micro-dose flare protocol.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?