Night sweats during+after ICSI!!
1 Replies
shas - April 30

hi dr Jacobs

I asked recetly about my 1 egg that made a grade 1 embryo in my last cycle. My fsh level a year ago was 3.9 and risen to 8.7 just before ICSI (I am 34). My clinic has said my fsh is good as they consider 12.5 to be high by their testing.

My question is that I was given prostap then gonal f to stim (300 daily). During the stimms I was getting night sweats. I should have been getting these during the 2 weeks after the prostap inj (prior to gonal f). :'(

After egg collection, embryo transfer and while taking crinone gel my night sweats got worse and now that I have starting bleeding (neg cycle) still have them! :'( I am really worried I am stuck in a menopausal state from the prostap [b][/b] is it because my body is trying to correct itself after this invasive treatment??? I am very worried about this as I dont want to consider ICSI again if this is the case and rather go for DIUI. I just want the chance to have a child and worried now this has compromised this. Please answer soon as at my wits end. Shas

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 30

I do not know "Prostap" by that name. I assume it is to prevent a premature LH surge, and is like the Lupron I use for my patients. If you were not receving Gonal-F, you would have menopausal symptoms. After egg retrieval and embryo transfer, your estrogen and progesterone levels should be high, and you would not have menopausal symptoms. I do not know why you are having night sweats. The 2 most common reasons are menopause, which does not seem to be your circumstance, and tuberculosis, which is not likely, either.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?