Next Steps
1 Replies
Elaine - January 16

I have seen 2 REs in the past year who suggest that I have mild endo.

I am 31 years old and all of my tests have been normal:
TSH 1.70
Prolactin 14.3
LH 4.6
FSH 5.2
Luteal Progesterone 13.6
HSG- normal
CA-125- normal
Glucose Tolerance-- normal

My physical exams and ultrasounds have been normal.

I have spotting 1-4 days before my periods with painful cramps that sometimes wake me up at night. My periods range from 26-32 days (but usually 28 days). I also have some pain during intercourse.

My mother had endometriosis that was confirmed during a laparoscopy and later in life, a hysterectomy. She had trouble conceiving but did get pregnant naturally 3 times (m/c once). Both my mother and father smoked at the time so that may have contributed.

Is the above info enough to be diagnosed with mild endo as a contributing factor for our infertility and warrant IVF (per my RE)?

My husband recently had a bi-lateral varicolectomy and his follow up SCSA was DFI 19% and HDS 20%. Prior to the surgery, his SA results "weren't bad" (according to both RE and Urologist). Our urologist thinks that we can get pregnant on our own based on the improvement but our RE suggests an IUI and then IVF/ICSI because of possible mild endo.

We are very confused about next steps. Try to conceive naturally, do an IUI, or move to IVF/ICSI? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks so much for your help.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 16

The best way I can try to answer your collection of questions is to refer you to the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>. I think I have covered everything, there.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?