next step clomid?
1 Replies
bciervo - August 28

Been trying unmedicated IUI four times now- had a laparascopy a month ago- everything is clear and perfect (doc's words). Conceived on our own 18 mos ago, nothing since. High prolactin was found in Jan- been taking parlodel and brought levels down within a month to normal (5.9). Just recently, prolactin was tested again and it was too low (1.5) so I now take parlodel every other night. Sperm tests always come back above normal- have great numbers for every IUI. Use HCG injection to time IUI. Follicles are monitored and are always 20 mm before HCG inject. Estradiol is always excellent. My question is- what is typically the next step? Nurse mentioned clomid and IUI would be next. But I ovulate on my own every mnth. Just wondering if you agree. Using clomid makes me nervous especially if it isn't needed. I just feel that I will be disappointed with it not working. Thanks!!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 28

Parlodel is used to lower prolactin, if it is too high. If your prolactin is low, you should not be taking Parlodel. I hae not prescribed Clomid in over 15 years. It is a very old product, and can actually do more harm than good. There are far better products on the market, today. Since I have not evaluated you, I do not know what you need. I do recommend you see a Reproductive Endocrinologist to manage your care.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?