Negative Blood Test Could I still be pregnant?
1 Replies
cmorris65 - May 11

Hello,

I did my first IUI with Gonal F. It is now 21 days past IUI procedure and no period. I went in for a blood test 18 days past IUI and the result was negative. I started to spot last night..but it was barely anything and a really dark brown not red. Now today I have nothing? I normally spot and then the next day I have my period. This has never happened before.

They had me taking progestrone inserts but I stopped taking them 3 days ago as well as the estrogen patches.

Could I still be pregnant? What would you recommend I do? Should I go back for another test if I still don't get my period? How long should I give myself before I go get another test?

Thanks!

cmorris65 - May 11

Hello. It's me again. Well, I called my dr's office and they said that the Lupron didn't do what it was supposed to? Is that why I haven't gotten my period yet? What does that mean? They gave me the Lupron shot day before IUI procedure instead of Ovedrel to try and prevent hyperstimulation but make me ovulate. The blood pregnancy test said I ovulated..does that mean I might have ovulated on my own and not with the lupron shot missing my chance with IUI? If I was on my normal schedule I wouldn't have gotten my period yet but I thought with the gonal f it would have sped up my normal cycle? I don't understand what they mean with the Lupron didn't do what it was supposed to? They say there is no way I could be pregnant from the negative blood test and now they are telling me to take these pills for 7 days to bring on my period? Should I do that or just let my period come on it's own? I'm so confused...

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?