need some help
5 Replies
jodi lynn - May 18

hello. mydoctor told me a the name of this procedure but i forgot what he said this is what he wants me to have its where they put water in your uterus 2 check for leaks? if im saying it right whats the correct name for it and does it hurt 2 have done thank you so very much im new to this again

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 18

I am sorry, but I do not kow of the procedure as you describe it.

liz - May 18

If I understand you correctly I had that procedure done last month. I am not sure of the exact name, however what they did was a vaginal ultrasound to take a look around. (after I had an hsg they thought I had an abnormal shaped uterus) Then the dr injected sterile water into my cervix and watched on the ultra sound machine how it filled up my uterus.

The procedure did not hurt, I actually had a lot of pain with the hsg and this was nothing compared to that. I do not handle pain real well and it was not painful at all for me.

Hope this helps.

jodi lynn - May 18

hi liz, thanks so much i think thats what they want 2 do with me sure sounds like the same but i will keep u posted if thats what they did also thanks 4 telling me that it dont hurt either im a baby when it comes to pain 2 take care baby dust 2 u

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 18

You may be describing a sonohysterogram. If done properly, it can detect anabnormal uterus.
Good luck.

jodi lynn - May 19

thank you doctor im still not 100 percent sure if thats what there gonna do but im gonna call and ask the name i thought he said water and not dye but i maybe missunderstood thanks again for your time

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?