Need some advice...
1 Replies
mwood - November 26

Hi Dr,

I'm 33 years old and my Dh is 39. I suffer from mild endometriosis,underactive thyroid, poor ovarian reserve(high level of FSH 11.0,failed clomid challenge) I just had my retrieval on 11/22. I had 7 follicles that developed from using this protocol... 450 units of Follistim AQ, 50mcg low dose hcg, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, progesterone injections and crinone. I had developed a 20mm,21mm,9mm follicle on my left side and a 23mm,22mm,and 2x11mm on my right side. After my retrieval on 11/22 I was told only 2 eggs were retrieved my estradiol prior to retrieval was 1800. 11/23 I was told only one egg fertilized and it still needed to be monitored for division and possibly having a day three transfer today. I was told by the embryologist that the embryo had fertilized but was still at the 2 cell stage of development and they needed to see a big improvement on 11/26 to even move forward. I wasn't told of the quality , but was told there was low fragmentation. ICSI and assisted hatching was what was agreed to. My question is how soon after your first IVF can you resume a second cycle? Do alot of RE's shy away from allowing a second cycle with someone who has poor ovarian reserve and High FSH? MY dh and I would like to try again with my eggs rather than a donors. Can an embryo at 2 cell stage on day 3 still be viable and continue to divide on day 4?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 26

We think that embryos which grow slowly have problems and do not produce pregnancy. As far as your poor response, you may do better with a microdose flare protocol. You may need an egg donor.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?