Need advice
21 Replies
kkw - September 8

I started my infertility workup 12/07, at that time my FSH level was 9.6 and Estradiol level 39. I had a HSG which revealed blockage on the left but right tube was opened. I underwent bilateral tuboplasty 2/08 both tubes were discovered to be blocked, however the M.D. was successful at unblocking the left and questionable on the right. Per the report, "both distal ends of the fallopian tubes were patent and methylene blue dye spill was confirmed from the left fallopian tube, but not the right." Was advise by my doctor if we did not conceive to return for another HSG to check patency of tubes. Had that done 8/08 which revealed the same thing, left is open and right no spillage noted. My doctor is now recommending IVF. I am not sure that this is the right route to take. I question my FSH levels and the use of Clomid but the doctor does not think that is the right route to take given my age and tubal problems. I am 38yrs old, my husband's sperm count is good. I'm considering seeing another doctor to try some medications firsts. What do you think? We have only been trying since 2/08 after the tubal surgery.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 8

At th e age of 38, you do not have a lot of time to waste. IVF is certainly a good option. I would NOT recommend Clomid. Pregnancy rates are poor. With one blocked tube, your chances of pregnancy are already cut in half. The other tube, by definition is damaged, You had surgery on it. You are at risk for a tubla pregancy. Sperm count is only 1 critical parameter of semen analysis. Please see the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

bdantonio - September 9

i have a question my cousin is going through infertility treatments and she is on her second iui and she went today for a u/s to make sure her egg was release she was inseminated yesterday and today they told her the follicle was irregualr shaped but not to worry what does that mean. She called and asked me since i have done the fertility thing for the past 6 years however i have never got this answer i have tried searching for answers for her but i havent found anything could you please help me help her.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 9

Treating endometriosis may well help your menstrual cramps. I do not know how much help it will be in achieveing a pregnancy. Please see the discussion I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

bdantonio - September 9

dr jacobs have you ever heard of irregular shaped follicle after an iui.. Does it mean it was a bust or that the follicle has something wrong with it?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 9

It may be in the process of ovulating, to release the egg.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?