Natural FET no luteal support
3 Replies
seven - November 23

Dr Jacobs,

Could you help.

Im going to have FET soon with my 3 remaining embryos and have decided to do it in a natural cycle, but I wanted some support in the luteal phase as its always a bit short.

My clinic have said they wont give me cyclogest in a natural cycle as it will surpress my natural estrogen and progesterone and make early bleeding more likely?

Everywhere I look ladies are given support in the 2ww this is the first time I have heard this?

Can you comment, or should I insist on having something?

Thank you

Katie

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 23

First, I am not familiar with the product Cyclogest, by that name. Second, I do not do natural cycle FET. There is no contro; over the timing, and it can become frustrating. Yes, it does work, but it is frequently more difficult for all concerned.
Good luck.

seven - November 24

Thank you so much for your reply.

Could I ask you to help on a further point please. Cyclogest is a brand name for a progesterone pessary, do you know of any evidence to suggest that using progestone supplements suppresses the bodies natural supply of estrogen and progesterone and causes early bleeding?

Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 25

Progesterone given vaginally provides a god tissue level at the uterus but not a significant level i circulation. If progesterone is given as an injection, the blood level is high, and can effect central control of hormone production.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?