Multiple Ectopic Pregnancies
4 Replies
sara1221 - October 2

I just found out I am probably going to miscarry this pregnancy. I believe this one is also in my tubes since my numbers went up only a little and I have more sensations on one side than the other. My question is why would someone have recurrent ectopic pregnancies if the tubes are clear? Could it have anything to do w/PCOS or the timing of ovulation? This is my 2nd ectopic and am trying to decide whether to keep trying naturally or go right to IVF and skip the tubes entirely. I am interested in having the uterine biopsy to confirm that the pregnancies were ectopic. Just looking for some advice on where to go from here. Thanks!

Staars - October 2

I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies as well both resulted in surgery tho and I lost both of my tubes. My tubes were clear as well. I am still trying to figure out why this happened. I am sorry so here you are having another one.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 2

Sometimes, radiologists miss a fionding on HSG, which implies a partial block in the mid portion of the tube. The X-ray contrast can go through, but the embryo cannot. The block creates something like a seive in the tube. There are other times that we can find no reason for a tubal pregnancy.
Good luck.

sara1221 - October 2

Thanks for responding back. Is it wise to undergo another HSG after having 2 ectopic pregnancies and continue trying naturally or should we move towards IVF to reduce our chances of ectopic pregnancies? Thanks again.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 3

After 2 ectopic pregnancies, you may be better served by doing IVF.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?