morphology
3 Replies
suelpeterson - March 6

Hello

My husband recently went for two sperm anal. - the first came back that morphology was only 4% normal; the second came back 8% normal. The urologist then sent him for an ultrasound and blood tests which all came back normal. The doctor pretty much said that with the ultrasound and BT being normal that there was not much that he could do and then referred us back to my doctor. I am waiting for my ob/gyn to call back and let us know the next step. My two questions to you are is there anything that my husband can do to help with the morphology and is IVF and option for a couple that has this problem?
I would love to here from you
Thanks
Sue in Pittsburgh

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 6

First, I do not know the criteria your lab is using to assess morphology. My guess is that there is a serious morphology problem. If my assessment is correct, you need to have your husband's sperm injected into your eggs (ICSI). That is part of an IVF protocol.
Good luck.

suelpeterson - March 7

Hello again!

I'm sorry, I should have told you the criteria that the lab was using. We were told a man had to be at 14% to be considered normal. I am hoping that him being at 8% may not be too bad.

Any more thoughts

Thanks
Sue

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 7

If the lab tech is really diligent about scoring morphology, 8% normal forms is not too bad.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?