Miscarriages
1 Replies
Red7 - August 7

Hello Dr. Jacobs, I have had two Children of my own from my husband, got pregnant on my own, but my body always wants to have a miscarriage.some how my two girls hung on. I have had a total of 7 or 8 miscarriages, I Lost count.My RE did all kinds of Blood work on me and my Husband, it all came out good.But two weeks ago went to a new Doctor not for infertility,because my eye brows almost all fell out ,I have Low Body Temperature at 96.2 I no Longer grow hair on my arms or Legs. My skin is so no longer soft. This has been going on for more than 5yrs .My Thyroid test always comes out normal. But this new Doctor said I think you have a Thyroid problem after she felt my neck. She said my Thyroid was enlarged so she took special Blood Thyroid test . The test came back bad she said my Thyroid was really Low she put me on Synthroid . I go back in two months to check with another test to see if this Dosage has brought up my Thyroid. Can having Thyroid problems cause repeated miscarriages?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 7

Yes, hypothyroidism can increase the risk of miscarriage. In addition to thyroid testing, I also perform other tests I have described on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?