Metformin 2000mg
1 Replies
Lablane - March 16

I have a question. I am 26, DH is 29. We have been TTC for 2yrs 3 mths. My 1st RE found nothing and I didn't like him much so we switched to this new RE. She did bloodwork and things on me and found that I have PCOS, which runs in our family. She also did an ART workup on DH. His come back a little low but not bad, they suggeted IUI or IVF.

The 1st IUI cycle I took 1 - 75iu vial of Menopur for 7 days, then on Ovidrel shot producing one 19mm follicle, 14.8 P4 after 6 days with no success.

The 2nd cycle I took 1 - 75iu of Menopur for 13 days, then on Ovidrel shot producing one 18mm follicle, but I didn't ovulate so of course no success. She said that cycle doesn't count since I did not Ovulate.

This month I couldn't start shots again since I was down with the flu when my cycle started so she put me on 2000mg of Metformin, told us to still try this month b/c it could still happen.

My RE said we can do another IUI, with Metformin and change up adding some more Menopur. My question is if this month doesn't work should I try another IUI or should we go to IVF? We really want a baby but my insurance doesn't pay so I would like to spend our baby making money wisely. Any Advice? Thanks for listening.

Lablane

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 16

Data published in the professional literature over the past several years indicate that any protocol which does not work in the first 3 to 4 attempts will probably nor work.
Good luck

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?