mastebation after ivf
3 Replies
vale - February 4

Dr. Jacob

I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant ( through my first IVF cycle). My HSG is 375 and progesterone is 148. we are very happy.

We were told not to have intercourse until after 8 weeks and my question is can I do masterbation between now and then? can masterbation cause any problems, such as miscarriage or affect embryo in any way?

Thanks a lot in advance for your opinions. BTW, I went through 17 pages of the various topics, really enjoyed reading your forum. Thanks for doing this.

vale - February 4

Ops... In my earlier email, I meant HCG 375 instead of HSG... went through a lot and get confused sometimes with the Medical terms. :-) Thanks. Looking forward to your reply.
vale

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 5

Congratulations! I do not have my patients abstain from intercoucebeyond a few days after embryo transfer. If you had become pregnant without IVF, you would not abstain. I would notadvise you to act contrary to the wishes of your physician, but once a pregnancy is established, it is any other pregnancy. I wonder what the world's population would be if pregnancies were that delicate.
Good luck.

vale - February 5

Dr. Jacob

Thanks a lot. I remember in some other messages that you mentioned something similar to this, " I wonder what the world's population would be if pregnancies were that delicate"... It is so funny yet it is so simply true... some billions of people on earth, many pregnancies conceived under much tougher environment!

We went through a long time trying to conceive, removed a large fibroid, failed IUI, now IVF... tough experience... sometime it made me wonder how on earth did we get some billions odds people out there!

For sure if I have a daughter, I would advise her not to wait after 30s to have babies. So many complications come with the age..

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Valerie

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?