Male partner taking Doxycycline HCL as part of protocol
2 Replies
DianaEvans2 - July 22

Hello Dr. Jacobs:

please refresh my memory, why is my DH taking Doxycycline 2 times day (b-fast/dinner) for 10 days while I do my stim meds?

It's nice to see him slightly involved, but there is a science reason that I can't rhyme together; hence my question.

For his stomach(irritable bowel syndrome), he's taking Librax 2.5MG...would this conflict with the Doxycycline?
Thanks in advance for your insights. Wishing you a super Saturday! Diana

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 22

Doxycycline is an antibiotic. Unfortunately, it frequently causes a lot of gastric distress. There is a brand product, Doryx, which is microincapsulated, and does not produce that problem. All tetracyclines, including doxycycline can cause photosensitivity. Sun exposure can make him red as a beet. I can only assume he was given the antibiotic to treat white blood cells in his semen. I do not know if that will provide a benefit, but it is a common practice.
Good luck.

DianaEvans2 - July 23

Thanks so ever much for your reply, Dr. Jacobs!

That's good to know about the alternative pharmaceutical re: his stomach. Fortunately, DH is already so fair in complexion, that he avoids being outside during the day as much as possible. He's had his semen analysis done twice with no issues, but I doubt that would show up a white blood cell issue... So as you say, it's common practice and it's just an antibiotic routine done "propholaticically". Thanks again for your response-very reassuring. Cheers, Diana

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?