lupron vs. cetrotide protocols
3 Replies
nina01 - July 7

Hi, can you let me know if lupron protocols (10 units for 10 days and then drop to 5 units with stim meds) yields better results than a Cetrotide protocol? Also, in some women can lupron over suppress the ovaries? In my case, I have done both protocols and the lupron protocol yields much less eggs (about 11) than the cetrotide protocol (about 18).

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 7

There are differing protocols for both Lupron and Cetrotide. Lupron can over suppress ovarian response. I only have my patients use Lupron 10 units for 7 days before decreasing the dose to 5 units.
Good luck.

nina01 - July 8

Another few questions on this topic. Do you use Cetrotide protocols in your practice? Also, what is your opinion of Estrogen Priming Protocols? Can they be used on women who don't have a problem with producing eggs, if Lupron might over suppress them?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 8

I stopped using the earlier Cetrotide protocols, but have just started trying a more recent Antagon protocol. Antagon and Cetrotide are almost identical. As far as estrogen priming, the hypthesis is interesesting and deserves investigation.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?