Low Estrase
2 Replies
Red7 - June 8

Hi Dr Jacobs my question is on Estrace and I had a Very Low Progesterone Level and estrogen level,After my Last Miscarriage which my RE Had me on Crinone 8% vaginal gel my Level was only 7.3 had a miscarriage than went back to my RE very upset because the very first time I met him I told him about my Low progesterone problem and I wanted to be put on progesterone oil shots after the miscarriage He Let me use Progesterone oil shots at 2cc a day .Which brought up my progesterone Level up to 20.9.Now my question I also have a low estrogen Level my RE put me om 4mg a day, but I saw on the internet that a well know DR Sherman J Silber uses 6 mg a day, would that dosage be better for a Low estrogen Level ?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 8

Crinonoe does not produce much of a blood level of progesterone, but does produce a good tissue level of progesterone in the endometrium - where you want it. Blood level does not tell you what is going on in the endometrium if you are using vaginal progesterone. I really do not know that it makes a difference if you use 4 or 6 mg of Estrace a day. Four miligrams is probably plenty.
Good luck.

Red7 - June 9

Thank you Dr Jacobs for answering my question on Low Estrace. I know you are a busy person ,just wanted to say Thank You for for taking the time out to answer my question

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?