Low E2
4 Replies
rba - August 16

Dear Dr. Jacobs,
I am on my second IVF. The first one was nearly cancelled as I responded poorly to stimulation and my E2 on CD11 was 2000 (with about 15 follicles). Only 3 eggs were retrieved then and none fertilized.
This time my RE increased my Gonal-F protocol from 2x150 to 2x300 (lupron the same - 5u). Today, CD4, my E2 was 81 (LH 0.8).
I am 34, and my baseline bloodwork results were good (E2 5.4, ultrasound showing good lining, about 8 follicles in one ovary and at least 5 in the other).
what could be the reason for my low E2 level? Do you think at this stage it can still pick up enough to generate a successful cycle? (my RE is having me continue the same protocol).
Thanks, rba

rba - August 16

I am not sure why the smiley appeared - my LH today (CD4) was 0.8.
Also, for the baseline results, my FSH was 5.4 (not E2) - sorry about that.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - August 16

Actually, an estradiol on cycle day 4 is slightly high. Your RE may use different stimulation protocols than I do, but, from what little I know about you, I do not know of a reason you could not have a good stimulation.
Good luck.

rba - August 17

I'm sorry - I meant that my E2 on the 4th day of stimulation is 81 (CD4 was <30).
Do you still think I can have a successful stimulation?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - August 17

The only way to find out is to try. If your ovaries are not responding well, you may have to cancell the cycle.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?