Longer than average cycles
2 Replies
Aimee37 - July 17

I have to sit out 2 months for my next IVF due to my early m/c. I am not to be on BCP's the first month due to oversupression of the ovaries. On the BCP's my periods come on day 26 or 27. If I am not on them, my period comes anywhere from 35-41 days!!! :o Why is this?

My RE thinks it's stress (or part of the problem) which I have alot of, plus anxiety. I have been a long distance runner since I was 13 and running anywhere from 10-20 miles a day. I am pretty lean too, low body fat. I first got my period when I was almost 20 yrs old and on Provera. I stopped taking Provera and never got my period until I was 26 and on BCP's. I have no fertility problems and respond very well to meds, I am on a low dose.

I had my first unmedicated IUI on day 25 & 26 days past AF. I was told later that the eggs are too old to have a successful pregnancy. Why did my RE give me the OK to have an IUI done when my chance was so low? ???

I just worry that there is something wrong with me. Why is my reproductive system so retarded when it comes to ovulating?

What is your take on this? Thanks!!!!! :D

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 17

Your long distance running may well be effecting your ovarian function. If you are not ovulating, you will likely not have predictable periods. Personally, I do not do unmedicated IUI. The pregnancy rates are too low. I only do IUI if I stimulate ovaries with an FSH product.
Good luck.

Aimee37 - July 17

Thanx for your reponse Dr. Jacobs- I am ovulating, according to my RE. I have always questioned that (without ovidril or HSG) because the HPK's refused to work for me. I wish my RE would look into this more but she does not seem to think anything is wrong with me but the fact that I have longer cycles.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?